Announcement for PSPJ member: If you never register to this Forum before, proceed to "Register" and Admin will approve your registration. If you registered before in the old Phototalk Forum and you wish to retain your login ID, you may email your full name, login ID and PSPJ membership number to admin@pspj.org and the Admin will reactivate your Account.

Full frame or not...what's your views?

Talk on Camera, Lenses, Flash, Tripod, Accessories and etc.

Moderators: Justin, edward, Ripi, Amril Izan, jlamcl, Kok Yoon Lee, Wang Seok Mui

MC

Full frame or not...what's your views?

Postby MC » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi all,

I have an old Nikon D80 and a Lumix LX-5 (small and portable, but with some controls).
Due to the limitation of D80 in low light conditions and long exposure shots (i got purplish "leaks" at the corners), I am thinking of upgrading.
What do you think is a better choice: Nikon D7000 (cropped frame but w good reviews, lighter) or D700 (or the rumored to-be-launched, full frame D800).

Prices for the body aside (about RM2000 difference), what would the necessary considerations be?

In particular, I wonder
- If lenses for full frames are a lot more expensive and larger than cropped frames?
- lenses for travels (18-200) are not available for full frame?

Note: I love nature and travel photography. Inspired by Ian Branham, Michael Kenna, Ursula Abresch, Steve McCurry...

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!!! :D

Return to “Gear Talk!”